Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Popcorn and ACU's

I decided it might be a good idea to explain the title of this blog. Kinda random, no?

So, there are three sections to my life:
Home: Family, close friends, etc.
Military: My husbands unit, their families, NCO's, FRG, etc.
Popcorn: All the stupid bullshit that happens on life that you have no control over, but it affects your life anyway. Why do I call it popcorn? Well, most people call it drama. But I love dramatic cinema, and my favorite thing to do while watching a good movie is eat popcorn. There ya go.

Want a couple examples of popcorn? Ok. PFC Choc-nilla's wife heard from SPC Quiet Man's wife that I was badmouthing her husband. The story was that I was going around and telling "the world" that PFC Choc-nilla was cheating on her. Instead of asking me, calling me, emailing me, anything, she does nothing except continue the Popcorn. It takes me going to her house and asking her about the situation. Now the reality is that I had reason to believe he WAS being unfaithful. However, I spoke to two and only two people about this. My husband, to ask him if I should talk to her about it, and Pvt Magoo's wife to ask her to have PFC Choc-nilla's wife to call. Now, you may ask, why didn't I directly call PFC Choc-nilla's wife with my concern? Well, it's simple. I did. I called more than three times, and each time the call was unanswered, and my voicemails were not returned. I did this in view of my husband, on the off chance that Popcorn would ensue. And of course, it did. Now, I have no resentment toward PFC Choc-nilla, or his wife. I can either assume Pvt Magoo's wife told other people what I had talked to her about, or assume my husband did. Being that I'm unwilling to deal with more Popcorn, I simply drop it, mend the fences with PFC Choc-nilla's wife, and move on. Now, how does this affect my life? That depends on me. I can either get upset at the resulting opinion that I'm a "shit-talker," or I can ignore it and move on. I tend to take sort of the middle road. I do my best to show people I'm honest, but I don't force the issue when they refuse to accept it.

Now. Currently my husband is on an MRX. A rather ridiculous one, but it's still frustrating. He and his unit and currently sleeping in their shop, on post, less than 2 miles from our house. They stay there for 4 days, come home for a 3 day, then return for another 4 days. The point? No one is quite sure.

I guess I digressed a bit from the original subject of this post. But oh well. This is the one place where I can talk about this shit and vent and put my thoughts on "paper", as it were.

Not like anyone's going to read this anyway.