Saturday, November 1, 2008


So the past few days have been so crazy. My husband was supposed to get home from his MRX around 1800 Wednesday. So, I was there to pick him up, as he'd asked me to. Our cell phones weren't working, so we had no way to keep in touch. After sitting in the parking lot for three hours, I headed to my friend's house, as her husband (Pv2 Magoo) and mine are in the same unit. Turns out, he had called to let her know they were stuck there, and had no idea when they would be home. So I waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, he comes home about 0530. I had waited up in case he needed me to pick him up, but he ended up getting a ride from Pv2 Magoo. He had enough time to grab a shower, brush his teeth, shave and take a two-hour nap. I needed the car for the day, so I had to drive him to work.

Somewhere while waiting last night, I lost my ID. Normally not a big deal, but when you live on post it's impossible to do a damn thing without it. So I dropped him off, picked up Pv2 Magoos wife and her two boys, strapped my daughter in with, and we were on our way. First stop, looking for my ID.

No luck. We searched parking lots, the car, my house, her house, everywhere. So we headed over to the MP desk, and I reported it lost/stolen. Then I dropper her off at her house, ran to pick up my husband for lunch, and returned to her house to eat. He grabbed some pancakes, and took his time, as he had permission from his Team Leader to go with me to Bldg 600 after 1300.

So, we strap our kiddo in and head out. We get there, so I can get a new ID, and there's literally 20 dudes waiting in the room. 15 of them are from his unit. Apparently it was the deadline for them to make sure their tags were updated. So I ended up meeting a bunch of the guys he works with that I've never gotten the chance to meet. Kinda neat.

We waited about an hour, and finally got to go in and get my new ID. Quick like a bunny. Then it was off to the AER office to see if we can get a little help, because we're behind on a couple bills and right now it's just not possible to catch up. We get the paperwork, hear what we need to do, and we leave. Off to JAG. We got our General POA done, and our Military Affairs POA done. Took about 10 minutes once we got in the office. Made an appointment to go back in a couple weeks and get Wills and Living Wills done. Finally, I drop him off back at work. It's 1530. I head over the Pv2's wife's house, as we're supposed to go grocery shopping together. No luck, she has her sign up, letting people know she's napping with the boys.

Pv2's wife, Kristen, is 7 months pregnant with their third child. All boys! Since I only have one midget, and it's a girl, which is so much easier, I generally help her out with her two, bring her shopping and do errands and appt's with her, since she's so very preggo.

Anyways, I head home, sit down for about an hour, then leave again to pick up my hubby from work. I pick him up, I make dinner and we all head to bed early since we, Ember included, only got a couple hours sleep the night before.

He wakes up 0515 to head to PT, is released early to go to a dentist appointment. From there, he runs to his first of the day therapy appointments, then comes home. He gets here about 9, wakes me up, so we wake up the kiddo. We have breakfast, then just kinda relax for a while.

About 1100, I leave Ember with Derrick, and head to Kristen's house. Pv2 Magoo is home for lunch, so we ditch the boys with him, and head to do our grocery shopping. We get it done in record time, and we're back at her house by 1245. I drop her off, and go home.

Ember's down for her nap, so me and Derrick just chill. Watch some TV, surf the web a bit, the usual. He leaves at about 1430 to head to his next appointment. I wake up Ember at about 1630, and he returns home shortly after.

I leave Derrick and Ember at home, and run to pick up Kristen. We go to Wal-Mart, where we speed shop to get some crafts to throw together the rest of Ember's Halloween costume. I also picked up some more hair dye, some shampoo and conditioner, and a new belt, as mine literally fell off me while shopping because I've lost so much weight in the past few months. We run back to post to pick up Derrick and Ember to go to her house to get ready for Trick or Treating. Well, his dentist had given him fillings, and he was in agony. He ended up staying home, and we grabbed Ember.

We returned to her house, threw together the rest of her costume, and headed out with Ember, Kristen, Pv2 Magoo, and their two boys, Kyle and Zack. We head to the Mall, where there's supposed to be Trick or Treating store to store. Well, only about 10 stores in a three story building actually gave anything out. We give up, and decide to go back to Wal-Mart and just buy the kids some candy. The kids didn't know better, they still had fun being dressed up and running around the mall. While we're at Wal-Mart, I pick up a movie to watch with the hubby.

We finally get back to post, I head home, and put Ember to bed. We pop in the movie, and just chill. We watch Journey To The Center Of The Earth. It was a pretty damn fun movie. When it was over, we watched the last hour of Ghost Hunter's Live, followed by a movie called Gravedancers, which was creepy as hell. We head to bed, and that was that.

And now it's Saturday morning. I feel drained, exhausted, but happy. It was a crazy few days, but we got a lot done, and had a lot of fun in the process. Kristen is my best friend here in Alaska. I love that girl to death, and I'm so glad we're able to ignore the drama and be friends. We also had picked up an acrylic nail kit while we were at Wal-Mart, and she's going to help me with that, and dying and trimming my hair on Sunday. She took cosmetology and worked as a hairdresser, so she knows what she's doing, which is more than what I can say! So anyways, that's it for right now. I've been ignoring the news since I've been so busy, but hopefully I can catch up today and get back to posting regularly. I noticed I've got what looks like a regular viewer or two. Feel free to leave me a comment and say hi!